Re: [Libguestfs] about libguestfs 'AVAILABILITY'

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 11:07:17AM +0800, fu lirong wrote:
> yes , I installed mdadm by tarball mdadm-3.3.tar.gz , It just
> doesn't work .  after that I install mdadm by apt-get install mdadm
> and It doesn't work too.  the problem is still there.

supermin only recognizes programs which are installed by the package
manager, ie. installed through apt-get on Debian/Ubuntu.

While it's possible to add arbitrary files to the appliance (see the
supermin manual page[1] for details), since Debian has mdadm already
packaged it's better to get it from there.

Rich.

[1] http://libguestfs.org/supermin.1.html#SUPERMIN-APPLIANCES