[Libguestfs] sfdisk: No more Cylinder / Head / Sector support in util-linux 2.26 and later

Hilko Bengen bengen at hilluzination.de
Sun May 17 15:06:15 UTC 2015

Hi,

it was brought to my attention that sfdisk has lost the ability to deal
with C/H/S addressing as of util-linux 2.26, so the -C ,-H, -S command
line parameters are no longer supported. Should there be a compile-time
check based on "sfdisk -h" output that would cause daemon/sfdisk.c to be
compiled only if something like the following is present?

,----
| Override the detected geometry using:
|  -C, --cylinders <number>  set the number of cylinders to use
|  -H, --heads <number>      set the number of heads to use
|  -S, --sectors <number>    set the number of sectors to use
`----

Cheers,
-Hilko