[Libguestfs] libguestfs error: mkfs_btrfs

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue May 19 10:59:21 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 10:00:34AM +0800, fu lirong wrote:
> libguestfs: error: btrfstune_enable_skinny_metadata_extent_refs: /dev/vda1:
> btrfstune: invalid option -- 'x'
> usage: btrfstune [options] device
>     -S value    enable/disable seeding
> FAIL: test_btrfstune_enable_skinny_metadata_extent_refs_0
>   4/515 test_btrfstune_enable_extended_inode_refs_0
> libguestfs: error: btrfstune_enable_extended_inode_refs: /dev/vda1:
> btrfstune: invalid option -- 'r'
> usage: btrfstune [options] device
>     -S value    enable/disable seeding
> FAIL: test_btrfstune_enable_extended_inode_refs_0
>   5/515 test_btrfstune_seeding_0
> libguestfs: error: btrfstune_seeding: /dev/vda1: btrfstune: invalid option
> -- 'f'

I think these are caused because your version of btrfstune is too old.

If you want to skip individual tests, you can define skip variables, eg:

export SKIP_TEST_BTRFSTUNE_ENABLE_SKINNY_METADATA_EXTENT_REFS_0=1
export SKIP_TEST_BTRFSTUNE_ENABLE_EXTENDED_INODE_REFS_0=1
export SKIP_TEST_BTRFSTUNE_SEEDING_0=1
make check

To see what SKIP_* variables are available, you have to examine the
test programs.  In this case, look at `tests/c-api/tests.c'.

We have a fairly large collection of SKIP_* variables defined when
building on Fedora:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/libguestfs.git/tree/libguestfs.spec#n879

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW