[Libguestfs] supermin in Fedora Rawhide switched (again) to using dnf instead of yum

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Tue May 26 08:59:19 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 09:44:33AM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 10:22:35PM +0200, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
> > I just built `supermin` from source on my Fedora 22 machine, and somehow
> > it can't seem to detect RPM (but `supermin` from Rawhide detects it).
> > Exact error:
> >
> >     supermin: could not detect package manager used by this system or
> >     distro.
> >
> > which is coming from: supermin/src/package_handler.ml.
> >
> > Test
> > ----
> >
> > Build `supermin` from source:
> >
> >     $ git clone https://github.com/libguestfs/supermin.git
> >     $ ./bootstrap
> >     $ ./autogen.sh
> >     $ ./configure
>
> I'm guessing that you don't have one of 'rpm-devel',

I was missing this. Retrying with it.

> 'yum-utils' or 'dnf' installed.

I did have these, though:

    yum-utils-1.1.31-505.fc22.noarch
    dnf-1.0.0-1.fc22.noarch
    rpm-4.12.0.1-9.fc22.x86_64

    https://kashyapc.fedorapeople.org/virt/temp/supermin-config.log

>From here, it complains that the 'rpm' package is not found in in the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH:

    [. . .]
    configure:15882: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "rpm"
    Package rpm was not found in the pkg-config search path.
    Perhaps you should add the directory containing `rpm.pc'
    No package 'rpm' found
    configure:15885: $? = 1
    configure:15899: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "rpm"

--
/kashyap