[Libguestfs] P2V using 2 physical machines - Fedora OS installed on both

Praveen Tiwari praveentiwari.plywood at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 11:41:38 UTC 2015

Thanks for your time Richard.

We are still unable to proceed :( Please find the steps which we followed.

1. Installed Fedora 21 on both the physical machines. (PHYSICAL HARDWARE 1
, 2 == PHY1, PHY2).The hardwares used are HP SL nodes which has Hardware
RAID0 configured.
2. Installed following packages : yum install qemu libvirt-client
virt-manager   virt-viewer guestfish libguestfs-tools virt-top
3. On the First physical hardware (P2V Machine PHY1), we execute the
following commands:
   virt-p2v-make-kickstart fedora
   livecd-creator p2v.ks
4  This creates the "livecd-p2v-2xxxxxx.iso which is copied outside of the
PHY1 P2V server.(We copy it on desktop)
5. We boot the same first physical machine, PHY1 by attaching the ISO as
Virtual CDROM device from the ILO console
6. We are able to see the Conversion Server' GUI login screen
7. After entering the credentials, we click on 'Test Connection' with
Conversion Server details' (SSH is working fine for the Conversion server,
PHY2 !)

   'Next' button is never enabled !!! The error message says "End of File"

Please guide us.

Thanks and Regards,
Praveen.