[Libguestfs] inotify* APIs

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Nov 14 15:09:25 UTC 2015

We have these APIs that cannot possibly work by design.  Obviously
adding them was a mistake, but here we are.

  http://libguestfs.org/guestfs.3.html#guestfs_inotify_add_watch

The guestfs_inotify_add_watch API has started to fail in Rawhide.  I'm
trying to find the details, but the test error message is:

  libguestfs: error: inotify_add_watch: /inotify_add_watch: Invalid argument

I wonder if we should just replace these APIs with ones that return
-ENOTSUP, saving everyone the time and effort of fixing or using these
APIs?