[Libguestfs] P2V conversion failed with "/run/lvm/lvmetad.socket: connect failed: No such file or directory"

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Nov 1 20:49:04 UTC 2015

On Sun, Nov 01, 2015 at 09:23:28AM +0530, Tejas Gadaria wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Thanks for your replay,
>
> We are using Fedora 21 with SAS drive and RAID 0 config on both Physical
> and conversion server.

We're going to need a bit more information about the hardware
in the physical server, like what 'RAID 0' means - hardware RAID?
What precise RAID controller hardware?

My other advice would be to log in to the virt-p2v shell (it's
on one of the other consoles, like Alt+Ctrl+F2) and run 'dmesg'
to see what hardware the virt-p2v kernel is seeing.  If possible,
copy 'dmesg' off and post that.

Note I don't care about the conversion server - it is unlikely
to be the problem.