[Libguestfs] P2V conversion failed with "/run/lvm/lvmetad.socket: connect failed: No such file or directory"

Ravi Chaudhary rc.chaudhary at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 18:36:41 UTC 2015

Greetings Richard,

To add to the above information, we are following the understated steps:

   1. We have 2 BL460c (Gen8) with Fedora 21 installed. Both the
   machines(BL1 & BL2) have been updated with virt-v2v packages
   2. On BL1, we execute the following commands:
   1. virt-p2v-make-kickstart fedora
      2. livecd-creator p2v.ks
   3. After creating the "livecd-p2v-2xxxxxx.iso" file, we launch the
   'virt-manager', from BL1
   4. Create a new virtual machine using the 'File' option
   5. Click on 'Begin Installation' after step 4
   6. User is shown the 'Conversion Server' GUI login screen
   7. Enter the credentials & click on 'Test Connection with Conversion
   Server'
   8. 'Next' button is enabled
   9. Click on 'Create p2v' and after sometime, the process is exited with
   status "-1"
   10. The earlier attached log file is generated in BL2 (conversion
   server) under /tmp/virt-XXXX directory

Hope it helps to solve the issue.

Regards,

Ravi Chaudhary