[Libguestfs] P2V conversion failed with "/run/lvm/lvmetad.socket: connect failed: No such file or directory"

Ravi Chaudhary rc.chaudhary at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 13:20:00 UTC 2015

Greetings Richard,

Thanks for the pointer. It was helpful. (Note: We have 2 physical machines,
one is p2v machine & the other is conversion server. Both the machines have
been updated with  "*yum install qemu libvirt-client virt-manager
virt-viewer guestfish libguestfs-tools virt-top*")

We have couple of questions for the exact functioning of virt-p2v:

   1. We are unable to locate the following command for injecting the ssh
   private key of p2v machine:

   *virt-p2v-make-kickstart p2v.ks --inject-ssh-identity id_rsa*

   *virt-p2v-make-kickstart: unrecognized option '--inject-ssh-identity'*

   *virt-p2v-make-kickstart: problem parsing the command line arguments*
   2. *Further we are also unable to find any executable "virt-p2v" on the
   p2v machine*
   3. *We are able to view the virt-p2v in GUI mode, only after booting the
   hardware using the ISO image, generated on p2v machine (The hardware used
   for booting is the same physical p2v machine). Is this the right way? We
   are observing the following error:*

*Would you be able to provide us with exact steps required to implement the
virt-p2v? *