[Libguestfs] Mount multiple logical disks (Windows guest)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Nov 10 11:55:20 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 12:16:40PM +0300, 1 1 wrote:
> Hi, everyone! I faced one problem: I want to mount 2 logical disks
> (C and D) of my Windows 7 at the same time using libguestfs (to find
> file on both this disks), but I couldn't find any references in your
> manual. Can you help me?

Something like this should work:

guestfish -a win.img --ro -i
><fs> mkmountpoint /c
><fs> mkmountpoint /d
><fs> mount /dev/sda2 /c
><fs> mount /dev/sda3 /d
><fs> ll /c

Or you can try this script:

https://rwmj.wordpress.com/2015/11/06/tip-guestmount-fuse-mount-every-filesystem-in-a-disk-image/#content

With a bit of effort the script could be modified to read the Windows
drive names from libguestfs
(http://libguestfs.org/guestfs.3.html#guestfs_inspect_get_drive_mappings)
and create those mountpoints instead.