[Libguestfs] guestunmount issues

Maxim Perevedentsev mperevedentsev at virtuozzo.com
Mon Nov 23 15:29:50 UTC 2015

Hello everyone!

I'm playing with guestunmount and got the following issues:

1) guestunmount never returns 3 (not mounted) - i guess it's a bug at
guestunmount.c:223

2) I don't know whether it's a bug in guestunmount or fusermount, but on
my machine while executing
 > guestmount
 > guestunmount
 > guestunmount
on second "guestunmount" I get
"guestunmount: failed to unmount {...}: fusermount: failed to unmount
{...}: Invalid argument"
while, according to guestunmount.c, guestunmount should return something
like
"entry for {} not found"

3)
 > fusermount -u {}
gives me "Invalid argument" as well, while
 > umount {}
handles this error successfully and returns "not mounted".
(strace logs attached)

I have a custom centos7-based distro, but I don't think it matters.

I'd like someone to compare results with mine, and, possibly, give me
some explanations about why it's going like this and how to distinguish
non-mounted mountpoints from busy ones (I guess I'll have to parse
umount {} output).

Thanks in advance!

--
Your sincerely,