[Libguestfs] guestunmount issues

Maxim Perevedentsev mperevedentsev at virtuozzo.com
Tue Nov 24 09:57:17 UTC 2015

On 11/23/2015 07:59 PM, Pino Toscano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Monday 23 November 2015 18:29:50 Maxim Perevedentsev wrote:
>> 1) guestunmount never returns 3 (not mounted) - i guess it's a bug at
>> guestunmount.c:223
> Indeed, thanks for the notice -- just send a patch for it.
>
>> 2) I don't know whether it's a bug in guestunmount or fusermount, but on
>> my machine while executing
>>   > guestmount
>>   > guestunmount
>>   > guestunmount
>> on second "guestunmount" I get
>> "guestunmount: failed to unmount {...}: fusermount: failed to unmount
>> {...}: Invalid argument"
>> while, according to guestunmount.c, guestunmount should return something
>> like
>> "entry for {} not found"
> Most probably it has to do with the (3) below: fusermount just reports
> the EINVAL got from umount while trying to unmount an not-mounted
> directory.
I was mistaken. This should have been:

on second "guestunmount" I get
"guestunmount: failed to unmount {...}: fusermount: failed to unmount
{...}: Invalid argument"
while, according to guestunmount.c, **fusermount**  should return something
like
"entry for {} not found"

It looks like the code path where guestunmount returns 3 is unreachable.
That's why I asked someone to check fusermount error text on his machine.

If fusermount always outputs "Invalid argument" in response to non-existent mount,
than parsing at guestunmount.c:200 should be fixed accordingly.

--
Your sincerely,
Maxim Perevedentsev