[Libguestfs] vcenter convert OpenStack

yang peng a394954369 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 02:13:03 UTC 2015

HI: Dear all.

I met a problem about libguest-tools, hope to get your help.

even:
OS: Fedora 22
rpm version: libguestfs-tools 1.30.3
                     vrit-v2v   1.30.3

problome:

      I convert a suse_guest from vcenter to the kvm.

export LIBGUESTFS_BACKEND=direct

suse_guest:  file (suse.vmdk1 suse.my suse.ovf)

step1.   zip suse-disk1.vmdk.gz  suse.my suse.ovf
step2.  virt-v2v -i ova suse-disk1.vmdk.gz -of qcow2 -o local -os /var/tmp
step3: generate suse-sda and suse.xml in /var/tmp/
step4:  use suse-sda disk  lanch an instance

command:

/usr/libexec/qemu-kvm -m 4096 -drive file=/var/tmp/suse-sda -net
nic,model=virtio -net user -nographic -vnc :10 -usbdevice tablet

setep5:  I found it   the process of virtual chance done in VNC, The VG00
cannot be found,

on the other hand,redhat 4 5 6 7 is ok to convert.

I am sorry ,I am a non-native English speakers.

Thank you very much ,Looking forward to your reply mailing.