[Libguestfs] Change to how the Fedora package is tested

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Sep 21 10:42:58 UTC 2015

I added this commit last week:
https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/commit/f2540d68e4e62c8cf90ac501b378a4e9a2ba89e5
which allows installed libguestfs to be tested using the test suite
included in the sources.

Starting with Fedora Rawhide version 1.31.7-2, I'm going to disable
the tests that happen during the Fedora (Koji) build, except for the
basic kernel/qemu/libvirt/appliance sanity check.

Instead, testing will now happen after the package has been built.
Initially that'll just happen by me downloading the built package to
my Rawhide test machine, and running the 'make installcheck' tests.
But eventually I want to create some kind of infrastructure for this,
triggered automatically when a Koji build completes.

One upshot of this is that libguestfs will take a lot less time to
build in Koji, with build times expected to go down from ~2 hours to
~20 minutes.

If you want to run the tests yourself, then:

(1) Download all the RPMs corresponding to the built package.

(2) Install the binary RPMs.

(3) Run 'rpmbuild -rc *.src.rpm' to unpack the source RPM, %prep and
%build it.

(4) In the builddir, run:

  $ make installcheck