[Libguestfs] virt-v2v : 3 hours logs looping/hanging/doing things before starting upload

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Wed Sep 2 13:04:46 UTC 2015

Hi,

[This msg follows what I asked this morning on IRC, where I wrote that :]

After a good number of successful P2V using
virt-p2v-livecd-1.28.1-1.49.1-el7.iso, I'm stuck at converting an old
Suse Linux 10 64 bits.

Suse linux 10 64 bits, using  virt-p2v-livecd-1.28.1-1.49.1-el7.iso to
P2V towards oVirt. After a nice connection to the P2V server, the P2V
GUI is showing its usual very verbose log (supermin, etc...) and got
stuck into a loop showing a 3 pages log of one single long line
beginning with "libguestfs: trace: command_lines = [...", and I see no
NFS mounting neither any disk filling.

Then...

Coming back from lunch break, I'm witnessing the upload process has
began. So eventually, it took 3 solid hours of unknown looping before
starting the upload...
Now I see the NFS disk filling, so I'm confident it's going to be fine.

IRC readers asked for the logs, so here are the link :
(the upload is still going on)

--
Nicolas ECARNOT