[Libguestfs] virt-v2v : 3 hours logs looping/hanging/doing things before starting upload

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Sep 2 13:34:05 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 02, 2015 at 03:04:46PM +0200, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
> Suse linux 10 64 bits, using  virt-p2v-livecd-1.28.1-1.49.1-el7.iso
> to P2V towards oVirt. After a nice connection to the P2V server, the
> P2V GUI is showing its usual very verbose log (supermin, etc...) and
> got stuck into a loop showing a 3 pages log of one single long line
> beginning with "libguestfs: trace: command_lines = [...", and I see
> no NFS mounting neither any disk filling.

Judging from this description, it was hanging when using Augeas, after
the part where it detects the list of installed kernel packages (in
the log file, after it prints "installed kernel packages in this guest").

Why it should hang there is a bit of a mystery.  There is nothing
unusual and no errors in the log.

There is an fstrim command which takes 86 seconds to run, but that's
not 3 hours.

Anyway, I don't know, but as long as it eventually completes I guess
there was no problem in the end.