[Libguestfs] Build of supermin 5 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Sep 26 09:10:23 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 04:36:33PM -0500, johnny at johnnypumphandle.com wrote:
>     The latest Ubuntu distribution of libguestfs for Ubuntu 14.04
>     includes supermin 4.
>     guestfish seems to gag.
>     Apparently, I need supermin 5 to make things work.
>
>     So I downloaded supermin_5.1.9.orig.tar.gz. I unzipped to a source folder /usr/local/src
>     Then I attempted to build from source using ./configure
>     I received this error:
>     config.status: error: cannot find input file: `src/supermin-link.sh.in’

I wonder if this is a missing file in that particular source tarball?

Try using the latest version.  Something like this should work:

$ sudo apt-get build-dep supermin
$ wget http://libguestfs.org/download/supermin/supermin-5.1.13.tar.gz
$ zcat supermin-5.1.13.tar.gz | tar xf -
$ cd supermin-5.1.13/
$ ./configure
$ make
$ make check