[Libguestfs] [libvirt-users] couple of questions about virt-v2v

cmc iucounu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 18:28:05 UTC 2016

Hi Rich,

Thanks, I'll see if oVirt supports 7.3 yet.

> What's the actual error?

-------------8<------------

virt-v2v: error: libguestfs error: bridge 'virbr0' not found.  Try running:

  brctl show

to get a list of bridges on the host, and then selecting the
bridge you wish the appliance network to connect to using:

  export LIBGUESTFS_BACKEND_SETTINGS=network_bridge=<bridge name>

You may also need to allow the bridge in /etc/qemu/bridge.conf.
For further information see guestfs(3).

I got around this by just running 'brctl addbr virbr0', but was curious as
to why it needed a bridge on a host it wasn't going to run on. I couldn't
find the man page for guestfs(3)

> Yes virt-v2v can install drivers.  You need the virtio-win package
> from RHEL 7, since the WHQL'd drivers are not freely redistributable
> (or at least, the situation is complicated).

ok, cheers, I'll get those installed.

-C

Rich.