[Libguestfs] v2v: error while killing ssh-agent after importing VM via xen+ssh

Shahar Havivi shaharh at redhat.com
Wed Jan 13 10:49:19 UTC 2016

On 13.01.16 10:27, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 09:55:53AM +0200, Shahar Havivi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am successfully importing VM from Xen server at oVirt project via virt-v2v.
> > I am setting ssh-agent and running ssh-add before the import process,
> > after the import done I am trying to kill the agent via:
> > ssh-agent -k (and setting the SSH_AGENT_PID environment), but I get the
> > following error:
> > kill: No such process
> >
> > Can you please explain why there is no agent?
>
> When you run:
>
>    eval `ssh-agent`
I didn't run eval `ssh-agent` but ssh-agnet and then ssh-add (I needed the
SSH_AUTH_SOCK that return from ssh-agent since I am running two different
processes).
I guess I can read the environment SSH_AUTH_SOCK after run eval `ssh-agent`...

do you think there is a different between running with to without eval?

  Shahar.