[Libguestfs] Do we need a rebase bug for RHEL 7.4?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jul 12 19:47:53 UTC 2016

Hi Pino,

$subject -- do we intend to rebase libguestfs, virt-v2v and virt-p2v
in RHEL 7.4?  If yes, we should file the rebase bug soon.

Pros:

 - The RHEL 7.3 package has 151 patches on top of 1.32.6.  Rebasing
   would get almost all those patches.  Not rebasing would mean (at
   predicted growth rate) shipping ~300-400 patches.

 - Backporting patches is currently hard work since the code bases of
   1.32 & 1.33/1.34 have diverged significantly in many areas.

 - We have none of Roman's v2v patches in RHEL 7.3, and it would be
   good to get all of those in 7.4 when we have the luxury of testing
   everything properly.

Cons:

 - Another large rebase.

 - Maybe others, I need to look at the detailed changes in 1.32->1.34.