[Libguestfs] Plan for libguestfs 1.34

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Jul 23 22:27:30 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 10:25:54AM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 11:15:55AM +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 12 July 2016 20:37:56 CEST Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > > Libguestfs 1.32 was released on 2016-01-06, which is over 6 months
> > > ago.  In fact the previous stable version of libguestfs (1.30) was
> > > released on 2015-07-21, almost exactly 12 months ago.  Are we heading
> > > for a 6 month release cycle?  Not officially.  Anyway, I would like
> > > you to think about what needs work for the next stable 1.34 release.
> > >
> > > Any new APIs added in the 1.33 cycle will become supported and
> > > guaranteed when we release 1.34, so we need to check those.  See:
> > >
> > >   git diff 1.32.0 -- generator/actions.ml
> > >
> > > Please follow-up also if there are features / blockers / bugs that
> > > need to be addressed for 1.34.
> >
> > I'm working on a small API to handle the system ID of LVMs, which is
> > so far the only thing I'd like to have in 1.34.
> >
> > When where you planning to release?
>
> Probably not in the next 2 weeks since I'm on holiday part of next
> week and then at a conference the week after.  It would be good to do
> it straight after that, so let's aim for the week beginning
> Monday, 8th August 2016.

Another related point about this release.  I think we should switch
back to Transifex (from Zanata currently).

The obvious reason is that Transifex has a good community who actually
provided plentiful translations, at least for the simple strings (no
one translates the long manual page paragraphs, but I wasn't expecting
that).  Zanata, well, nothing much really.

Also the Zanata client tools suck.

We could do this either before or after the 1.34 release (or not at
all).