[Libguestfs] Plan for libguestfs 1.34

Pino Toscano ptoscano at redhat.com
Tue Jul 26 09:02:40 UTC 2016

On Saturday, 23 July 2016 23:27:30 CEST Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Another related point about this release.  I think we should switch
> back to Transifex (from Zanata currently).
>
> The obvious reason is that Transifex has a good community who actually
> provided plentiful translations, at least for the simple strings (no
> one translates the long manual page paragraphs, but I wasn't expecting
> that).  Zanata, well, nothing much really.

Note that Transifex is only a single instance, while Zanata has
different installations; we are using the Fedora instance, so we get
mostly Fedora translators. An idea could be move to the generic
Zanata instance on zanata.org, i.e. https://translate.zanata.org/
(which allows login using a Fedora FAS, so the current translators
could keep contributing without extra burden).

Also, what about trying to advertize it more (e.g. blog entry, post on
devel at fedora, etc)?

> Also the Zanata client tools suck.

What's the problem with it? I didn't use it much, but I don't recall
particular issues.

Also, Transifex is proprietary software (closed since 2013), which
IMHO is a minus point for it.

--
Pino Toscano