[Libguestfs] Plan for libguestfs 1.34

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jul 26 10:40:17 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 11:19:38AM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 11:02:40AM +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:
> > On Saturday, 23 July 2016 23:27:30 CEST Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > > Another related point about this release.  I think we should switch
> > > back to Transifex (from Zanata currently).
> > >
> > > The obvious reason is that Transifex has a good community who actually
> > > provided plentiful translations, at least for the simple strings (no
> > > one translates the long manual page paragraphs, but I wasn't expecting
> > > that).  Zanata, well, nothing much really.
> >
> > Note that Transifex is only a single instance, while Zanata has
> > different installations; we are using the Fedora instance, so we get
> > mostly Fedora translators. An idea could be move to the generic
> > Zanata instance on zanata.org, i.e. https://translate.zanata.org/
> > (which allows login using a Fedora FAS, so the current translators
> > could keep contributing without extra burden).
>
> OK I will try this one.

The problem is that the translation memory isn't shared between Zanata
instances (unbelievably, but that appears to be the case).  So all
this achieves is to split the effort.  Unless there is some way to
combine translations, resolve conflicts and so on, which there doesn't
seem to be.

I'm going to have another look at Transifex.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v