[Libguestfs] [from IRC] virt-v2v: error: virt-v2v is unable to convert this guest type (linux/ubuntu)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Jun 17 19:51:32 UTC 2016

20:35 < user333> Hello libguestfs ! Is this : virt-v2v: error: virt-v2v is unable to convert this guest type (linux/ubuntu) really a thing ?
20:37 < user333> I got this error with the latest dev.

Yes it is.  Full support for Debian-based distros is possible, but
could be a bit of work.

However there are some baby-steps that someone could take towards that
goal.  I would start by looking at the v2v/linux.{ml,mli} module, and
converting that so it would work (also) on apt-based distros.