[Libguestfs] [libvirt] Usability Enhancement: Import/Export VMs GUI

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Thu Mar 10 07:29:08 UTC 2016

On Fri, Mar 04, 2016 at 04:23:18PM +0000, bancfc at openmailbox.org wrote:
>The single most important usability feature missed by our less technical
>users who migrate  from VirtualBox is a one click import/export of VMs
>and their config settings.
>
>I was optimistic about the Gnome Boxes effort on Govf lib but
>unfortunately it was never realized and I would hesitate to recommend it
>because libvirt/virt-manager has the security advantages of sVirt.
>
>An ideal solution would work across all KVM frontends.

This is a great idea, but I don't know about such one-click solution.
This could be suitable for virt-manager and libguestfs projects (Cc'd
both projects).  If nobody grabs it right now, it could be at least
suggested as GSoC and/or Outreachy project idea.  Or were you looking
forward to adding such solution?

Have a nice day,
Martin