[Libguestfs] [ovirt-users] OVA import of FC21 VM hangs during virt-v2v conversion?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Thu Nov 17 14:57:47 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Thu, November 17, 2016 4:11 am, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 08:07:15PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> I found the disk image for the running VM, created a symlink, and then
>> ran
>> the command above.  It took a while:
>>
>> # time LIBGUESTFS_BACKEND=direct guestfish --ro -a fc21-64.qcow2 -i
>> selinux-relabel /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts /
>> force:true
>>
>> real	114m17.757s
>> user	114m16.476s
>> sys	0m6.042s
>
> That certainly demonstrates the bug.  I'm unclear why it would be
> happening, but perhaps you can run the following commands and send me
> the results:
>
> LIBGUESTFS_BACKEND=direct guestfish --ro -a fc21-64.qcow2 -i find / >
> files
>
> LIBGUESTFS_BACKEND=direct virt-cat -a fc21-64.qcow2
> /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts / > file_contexts

See attached..  There are 184,431 entries in the file list.

> rpm -qf /usr/sbin/setfiles > setfiles.version

Did you want this on the host or in the guest?  On the host I get:
policycoreutils-2.2.5-20.el7.x86_64

On the guest:
policycoreutils-2.3-7.1.fc21.x86_64

> Note that the first command produces a list of all filenames within
> the virtual machine, which might be sensitive information, so you may
> wish to send me that file privately.

There's really nothing private in the list of files on this machine.  It's
an openafs build slave.  :)

> Thanks,
>
> Rich.

Thank you..

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745