[Libguestfs] mount: unknown filesystem type 'exfat'

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Oct 2 12:27:05 UTC 2016

On Sat, Oct 01, 2016 at 08:56:16PM -1000, Miles Wolbe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone please tell me whether guestfish can mount exFAT partitions?
>
> I created a full disk image of a drive which contained a single exFAT partition.

guestfish or libguestfs don't support filesystems.  It's whatever
is supported by the kernel.

exFAT is apparently not supported by the Linux kernel, but there is a
FUSE driver for it called exfat-fuse (as you found out).

So if you add exfat-fuse and maybe exfat-utils to the appliance,
it should work, ie:

  # echo exfat-fuse   > /usr/lib*/guestfs/supermin.d/zz-exfat
  # echo exfat-utils >> /usr/lib*/guestfs/supermin.d/zz-exfat

(Note the package names might be different.  Apparently in RPMfusion
it's called fuse-exfat.)