[Libguestfs] virt-builder and Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial no access issue

P J P ppandit at redhat.com
Wed Oct 19 07:45:27 UTC 2016

+-- On Wed, 19 Oct 2016, P J P wrote --+
| To follow-up on it, today I created a 'debian-8' guest on the same Beaker
| machine. It too had the same issue of not booting with a 'console' parameter.
| But saving grace was, it at least shows the grub screen. So I was able to add
| the 'console=ttyS0,9600n8' kernel parameter and after that it worked well with
| the console.

  Finally I got into this Ubuntu VM by copying ssh public key with
--ssh-inject. God bless --ssh-inject and rwmjones for providing it. :)

Once 'console=ttyS0,9600n8' was added to the kernel parameter list, it is
working well with the virsh console.

Kernel command line also had two parameters 'splash' and Ubuntu specific
'vt_handoff'
   -> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/vt.handoff,

Maybe guest could do without them.

Thank you.
--
 - P J P
47AF CE69 3A90 54AA 9045 1053 DD13 3D32 FE5B 041F