[Libguestfs] libguestfs binaries missing when built from source code

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Aug 10 08:11:17 UTC 2017

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 04:49:22AM +0000, emlyn.jose at wipro.com wrote:
> Hello Richard!
>
> Ocaml solved my problem. Thank you so much :)
>
> There are many unpackaged ocaml files created outside the BUILDROOT. Will removing them harm the working of the package?
>
> error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>    /usr/lib64/ocaml/guestfs/META
>    /usr/lib64/ocaml/guestfs/guestfs.cmi
>    /usr/lib64/ocaml/guestfs/guestfs.cmx
>    /usr/lib64/ocaml/guestfs/guestfs.mli
>    /usr/lib64/ocaml/guestfs/libmlguestfs.a
>    /usr/lib64/ocaml/guestfs/mlguestfs.a
>    /usr/lib64/ocaml/guestfs/mlguestfs.cma
>    /usr/lib64/ocaml/guestfs/mlguestfs.cmxa
>    /usr/lib64/ocaml/stublibs/dllmlguestfs.so
>    /usr/lib64/ocaml/stublibs/dllmlguestfs.so.owner

Those particular files are the OCaml bindings.  They are only needed
if you intend to write a brand new program in OCaml using guestfs
(http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-ocaml.3.html).  Otherwise you can
remove them without any ill effect.

However I'm surprised that whatever spec file you are using doesn't
find and package those files into two ocaml-libguestfs* subpackages.