[Libguestfs] Regarding libguestfs issue

Pino Toscano ptoscano at redhat.com
Mon Aug 28 09:53:13 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Monday, 28 August 2017 11:38:54 CEST abinaya.manikandan at wipro.com wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> While building libguestfs_v1.36.1 I am facing below issues:

Note that the latest version of the stable 1.36 series is 1.36.5, so
you'd better try building that one.

> configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.28.0    atk >= 1.30    pango >= 1.20    cairo >= 1.10.0    cairo-gobject >= 1.10.0    gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= 2.22.0) were not met:
>
> No package 'cairo-gobject' found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables BASE_DEPENDENCIES_CFLAGS
> and BASE_DEPENDENCIES_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.3mYpo9 (%build)
>

> RPM build errors:
>     Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.3mYpo9 (%build)
>
> But we have already installed requested version cairo and cairo-gobject,
>
> [root at euca-172-31-15-201 rpmbuild]# rpm -qa | grep cairo
> cairo-gobject-1.14.8-2.el7.x86_64
> cairo-devel-1.14.8-2.el7.x86_64
> cairo-1.14.8-2.el7.x86_64

Try to install cairo-gobject-devel too?  Also, when reporting a build
error, please always specify what is the exact platform you are
building on (distribution and its version), and possibly attach the
full configure output.

It looks like you are trying to build an RPM, so most probably some
of the dependencies used by libguestfs lack some dependency.
In particular, libguestfs does not use cairo-gobject, but gtk3 does,
so most probably the gtk3-devel package lacks that dependency.

--
Pino Toscano