[Libguestfs] virt-customize error

Pino Toscano ptoscano at redhat.com
Wed Dec 20 12:11:36 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Wednesday, 20 December 2017 12:30:23 CET EMILIO ABRAHAM GARRIDO GARCIA wrote:
> I´m need to customize a debian qcow image, but I have this error
> virt-customize: error: no operating systems were found in the guest image
>
> The command that I´m trying is:
> virt-customize -v -x -a ./kvm_av_4_4_n0.qcow2 --attach ./one_context/packages.iso  -root-password password:acens  --run ./ctpd/pro/scripts/one_altavault.sh --firstboot-command "dpkg-reconfigure openssh-server
>
> I attach the log.  I´m wondering if is possible to specify the partition.

At the moment, virt-customize/virt-builder do not allow to specify
partitions to mount, but rely on the inspection to detect the guest,
and all the features in it (like the mount points).

Looking at the log provided, I do not understand which type of guest is
in the image:
- MBR partition scheme
- 3 primary partitions, all of them ext3
- 1 extended partition, containing 5 logic partitions (4 with ext3, 1 swap)
- on 2 logic partitions there is a /etc directory
and that's about it -- no grub 1/2 stuff, no /bin, or anything else
normally found in Linux systems.

Can you please explain a bit more what is exactly in the disk image?

--
Pino Toscano