[Libguestfs] virt-customize error

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Dec 22 22:17:33 UTC 2017

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 11:30:23AM +0000, EMILIO ABRAHAM GARRIDO GARCIA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I´m need to customize a debian qcow image, but I have this error virt-customize: error: no operating systems were found in the guest image

The basic reason for this error is described in the FAQ here:

  http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-faq.1.html#whats-the-deal-with-guestfish--i

We need to know what OS is contained in the guest because without that
information we cannot perform some customizations ...

> The command that I´m trying is:
> virt-customize -v -x -a ./kvm_av_4_4_n0.qcow2 --attach ./one_context/packages.iso  -root-password password:acens  --run ./ctpd/pro/scripts/one_altavault.sh --firstboot-command "dpkg-reconfigure openssh-server

... in this case ‘--root-password’ and ‘--firstboot-command’ are not
possible without knowing the OS.  Specifying a partition name isn't
sufficient.

Pino asked if there is an OS in this image.  From the fact you're
running dpkg-reconfigure I'm going to guess it's Debian/Ubuntu, but
it's strange that inspection cannot detect that.  Are you presenting
all the guest disks to virt-customize?