[Libguestfs] failure to virt-sysprep (FC27?)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Dec 12 21:03:22 UTC 2017

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 04:56:15PM +0100, Emmanuel Kasper wrote:
> >   https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=884110
>
> Hi Rich
>
> Have you tried the reproducer from the bug report ?
> Using a Debian Testing system with  qemu-img 2.10.1 and libguestfs
> 1.36.11-1 packages I can reproduce it 100 %.

Yes I have now, and yes it does reproduce it reliably.

I'm pretty sure this must be a qemu bug, but it may also be possible
for us to rewrite the code in lib/info.c so that it doesn't do the
strange /dev/fd stuff:

  https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/blob/2c359583b3c556c2f52fa2f27bccd77338a01736/lib/info.c#L191

We did this for rather obscure reasons, see:

  https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/commit/d50cb7bbb4cc18f69ea1425e9f5cee9685825f95

and I think it's better to undo this commit.