[Libguestfs] Extract VHD using guestfs

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Feb 9 21:20:38 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 09, 2017 at 09:13:24PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 09, 2017 at 03:24:53PM +0500, MUHAMMAD MOHSIN wrote:
> > * but it returns following error (error: copy_device_to_file: unknown
> > option 689330304 (this can happen if a program is compiled against a newer
> > version of libguestfs, then dynamically linked to an older version)).
> > Please see attached main.c for my sample code.
>
> I don't know about the above error,

Actually I've realized what's wrong that's giving the above
error too.
> >        guestfs_copy_device_to_file(g, "/dev/sda1/file-to extract.exe", "/abc.exe");

This API takes a variable list of parameters terminated with -1, and
since you've omitted that, it's reading off the end of the args.

  http://libguestfs.org/guestfs.3.html#guestfs_copy_device_to_file

You probably shouldn't be using that API so this doesn't matter, but
it's best to clear it up.