[Libguestfs] virt-p2v migration

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Feb 4 10:15:57 UTC 2017

On Fri, Feb 03, 2017 at 07:29:07PM +0000, cmc wrote:
> Looking on our firewall, it will timeout inactive connections after 15
> minutes of inactivity.

Yes, this will likely break virt-p2v.

> I'm guessing there is no keepalive in the control connections.

The default for ssh is to use TCP keepalives.  However those are very
infrequent (once every 2 hours IIRC), so it won't prevent a firewall
with such a short timeout from breaking virt-p2v.

Easiest thing here would be to fix the firewall.  15 minutes is a very
short timeout.  Doesn't that cause all kinds of problems for regular
SSH usage?