[Libguestfs] make and make install failed for libguestfs-1.24.9 on ubuntu14.04

Pino Toscano ptoscano at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 10:01:17 UTC 2017

Hi,

the address of the mailing list administrators.)

On Wednesday, 11 January 2017 13:02:29 CET Aditya Suripeddi wrote:
>              I want to avail the virt-cusomize , virt-sysprep and other
> commands for configuring of my vm instances on my ubuntu14.04 machine .
> Installing the libguestfs-1.24.9 has generated 2 FAIL TEST CASES . The
> attachements have all info including configure command's warnings.

The failures are in two of the gnulib tests, which could be due to the
combination of old gnulib in that libguestfs release plus old
distribution. It should be safe to ignore them in your case, it is
enough to pass --disable-gnulib-tests to configure to not run them at
all. Also, please refer to the building instructions on the
libguestfs.org site for a more comprehensive documentation:
  http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-building.1.html

In addition, you don't really need to install libguestfs to use it --
see the section about the ./run script in the documentation I linked
above.

Furthermore, please note the version you are building is old, and thus
you might hit bugs already fixed upstream (not counting all the
improvements done in the tools you want to use). You are recommended to
use the latest stable series, with currently is 1.34.x (with 1.34.3 the
latest stable release). It should build also on that Ubuntu version,
and if not we could try making it so, if it does not turn out to be too
complex.

Thanks,
--
Pino Toscano