[Libguestfs] ntfs-3g data deduplication support in guestmount for creating file based back-ups on visualization platform

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Jan 16 15:43:02 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 04:20:14PM +0100, Jelle de Jong wrote:
> Thank you Richard!
>
> I will do some more work and testing on this tomorrow, and report
> back with some more information you asked.
>
> In the meanwhile, could you help me with information how I can
> upgrade the ntfs-3g version (same as host) in the "appliance" and
> add the plug-in library?
[...]
> The plug-in is added manually and is not part of the ntfs-3g (yet),
> it is manually downloaded and copied.

You can most likely drop a file into /usr/lib/guestfs/supermin.d/
which contains a single line, being the full path of the plugin
file that you want to add.

Actually you can use wildcards there too, so this should work:

  echo '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ntfs-3g/ntfs-plugin-*.so' > /usr/lib/guestfs/supermin.d/zz-ntfs-plugins

After that, do:

  rm -rf /var/tmp/.guestfs-*

and rerun your libguestfs program (guestmount or whatever).

See "SUPERMIN APPLIANCES" section in the supermin(1) man page for
further information.