[Libguestfs] why I don't have guestfish(executable file) after building form github

Pino Toscano ptoscano at redhat.com
Fri Jul 28 08:16:12 UTC 2017

On Friday, 28 July 2017 08:23:05 CEST lampahome wrote:
> I followed the guildline in http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-building.1.htm
>
> ./autogen.sh
> > make
>

> But I didn't see any executable file.
> I only see /fish/guestfish and /bash/guestfish
> the first one seems like a script.

The build system uses libtool, which in turn generates shell wrappers
in the builddir to be able to run the tools using other locally built
libraries in the same project.

You don't really need to care about that though -- use the ./run script,
as described in the "THE ./run SCRIPT" section of the guestfs-building
documentation.

--
Pino Toscano