[Libguestfs] read/write performance through mount point by guestmount

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Jul 31 10:57:21 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 06:52:28PM +0800, lampahome wrote:
> if I mount through guestfs library in python or guestfish, the same
> condition happenes?
>
> I mean the insane number of layers and the performance

No.  The layers are only present because guestmount uses FUSE.

libguestfs itself performs very well if you are careful to use it in
the correct way.

The architecture of libguestfs is described here:

  http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-internals.1.html#architecture

and we have tools for testing the performance of the virtio-serial
connection, qemu block layer and overhead of starting the appliance:

  https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/tree/master/utils

and we have a page of tips on getting the best performance:

  http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-performance.1.html