[Libguestfs] [virt-v2v] no installed kernel packages were found Converting CentOS OVA to KVM

Zach Seils (seils) seils at cisco.com
Tue Jul 11 21:42:31 UTC 2017

It’s the same input OVA, but using the latest libguestfs release.

Updated log attached (sorry; thought I had the necessary flags enabled).

Thanks,
Zach

On 7/11/17, 5:35 PM, "Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:

    On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 10:31:28PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
    > On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 07:40:01PM +0000, Zach Seils (seils) wrote:
    > > While trying to convert an OVA exported from VMware vSphere to libvirt using virt-v2v, I get the following error:
    > >
    > > virt-v2v: error: no installed kernel packages were found.
    > >
    > > Environment info:
    > >
    > > Base OS: 16.04.2 LTS (Xenial Xerus)
    > > Source VM OS: CentOS 7
    > > libguestfs: 1.37.16 (built from source)
    >
    > Is this the same or different from the bug that Pino already
    > triaged earlier today?

    OK, it's a bit different, my apologies.

    Please post the full output with ‘virt-v2v -v -x’ options both
    enabled.  We use this debugging information to see how inspection and
    v2v are working.