[Libguestfs] cannot find any suitable libguestfs supermin

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Jul 28 16:20:11 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 11:34:38PM +0800, lampahome wrote:
> > guestfish
> > add --rw disk.qcow2
> > run
> > error:    libguestfs: error: cannot find any suitable libguestfs supermin,
> > fixed or old-style appliance on LIBGUESTFS_PATH
>

> But I echo $LIBGUESTFS_PATH, it's */home/user/appliance*
>
> I don't know how come going wrong

You need to download this appliance:

  http://download.libguestfs.org/binaries/appliance/appliance-1.36.1.tar.xz

and unpack it under /home/user/appliance/ .

Directly inside the /home/user/appliance directory you should see
files called "initrd", "kernel", "README.fixed" and "root".

If it still doesn't work then you'll have to post the complete output
of ‘libguestfs-test-tool’.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW