[Libguestfs] Virt-win-reg does not exist

Pino Toscano ptoscano at redhat.com
Fri Mar 24 14:07:26 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Friday, 24 March 2017 14:48:52 CET Keresztes Péter-Zoltán wrote:
> I have compiled the latest version of libguestfs on Debian jessie
> with no flags specified and virt-win-reg does not exist as a tool.
> Do I need to specify any flag to have that available?

virt-win-reg is one of the new tools still written in Perl, and thus
it is installed only when few Perl modules are found at build time
(since it requires the Perl bindings); in particular:
- Module::Build (pkg: libmodule-build-perl)
- Sys::Virt (pkg: libsys-virt-perl)
- Win::Hivex (pkg: libwin-hivex-perl)
- Pod::Usage (IIRC included in Perl)
- libintl (pkg: libintl-perl)

When you run configure, you should see two things at the end of the output:

  checking for perl... perl
  checking for Pod::Man... yes
  checking for Pod::Simple... yes
  checking for Test::More... yes
  checking for Module::Build... yes
  checking for Pod::Usage... yes
  checking for Getopt::Long... yes
  checking for Sys::Virt... yes
  checking for Locale::TextDomain... yes
  checking for Win::Hivex... yes
  checking for Win::Hivex::Regedit... yes

and:

  Perl bindings ....................... yes
  Perl-based virt tools ............... yes

--
Pino Toscano