[Libguestfs] virt-builder resize error

David Kaylor dkaylor at redhat.com
Mon Nov 20 21:57:04 UTC 2017

Hi,

I was trying out virt-builder and noticed that in some directories I
receive an error when the image is resized.

For example, if I run the following command from my home directory it works
fine:

virt-builder rhel-7.4 --size 10G --output test.img

If I run the same command from /tmp or /vms (my default libvirt pool), I
see the following in my verbose output:

virt-resize '--verbose' '--format' 'raw' '--output-format' 'raw' '--expand'
'/dev/sda3' '--unknown-filesystems' 'error' 'test.img' 'test.img'
command line: virt-resize --verbose --format raw --output-format raw
--expand /dev/sda3 --unknown-filesystems error test.img test.img
virt-resize: error: you cannot use the same disk image for input and output

Am I doing something wrong or is this possibly a bug? The host I am running
virt-builder on is Fedora 27.

Thanks,
David