[Libguestfs] virt-builder resize error

David Kaylor dkaylor at redhat.com
Tue Nov 21 16:38:14 UTC 2017

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 10:44 AM, Pino Toscano <ptoscano at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 21 November 2017 15:36:02 CET David Kaylor wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 3:55 AM, Pino Toscano <ptoscano at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,

> > > works

> pool), I

> > > '--expand'
> > > output

> > > running
> > >
> > > The only thing it comes into my mind is that there is already a file
> > > called "test.img" in the directories where it fails.
> > >
> > > Can you please check that, and provide also a full log virt-builder
> > > with -v -x?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > --
> > > Pino Toscano
> >

> > Thanks, Pino. Attached is the requested log. A few other observations:
> >
> > In most directories, I can run the command successfully whether a file of
> > the same name is present or not.
> >
> > Looking at the verbose output, it appears that a randomly-generated name
> in
> > /var/tmp is used for the indisk. Example:
> >
> > virt-resize --verbose --format raw --output-format raw --expand /dev/sda3
> > --unknown-filesystems error /var/tmp/vbaf3053.img test.img
> >
> > For directories where it fails, both the indisk and outdisk are the same:
> >
> > virt-resize --verbose --format raw --output-format raw --expand /dev/sda3
> > --unknown-filesystems error test.img test.img
>
> Hmm... can you please paste the output of `findmnt --df`?  In addition
> to that, do /tmp or /vms (mentioned above by you) have any special
> mount point (or free space)?
>
> What's the exact version of libguestfs? (`rpm -q libguestfs`)
>
> --
> Pino Toscano

There is nothing special about the mounts and there is enough free space on
both. Here is the requested output:

$ findmnt --df
SOURCE                                                FSTYPE
SIZE   USED  AVAIL USE% TARGET
devtmpfs                                              devtmpfs
 15.4G      0  15.4G   0% /dev
tmpfs                                                 tmpfs
15.4G 267.7M  15.1G   2% /dev/shm
tmpfs                                                 tmpfs
15.4G   2.2M  15.4G   0% /run
tmpfs                                                 tmpfs
15.4G      0  15.4G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mapper/fedora-root                               ext4
452.2G  45.4G 383.8G  10% /
selinuxfs                                             selinuxfs
0      0      0    - /sys/fs/selinux
tmpfs                                                 tmpfs
15.4G   3.3M  15.4G   0% /tmp
/dev/nvme0n1p1                                        ext4
975.9M 196.6M 712.1M  20% /boot
/dev/mapper/luks-c4229932-74e7-4cdf-a8e9-e814004cc4c2 ext4
468.5G 291.1G 153.5G  62% /vms
tmpfs                                                 tmpfs
 3.1G    16K   3.1G   0% /run/user/42
tmpfs                                                 tmpfs
 3.1G    80K   3.1G   0% /run/user/24951
gvfsd-fuse                                            fuse.gvfsd-fuse
0      0      0    - /run/user/24951/gvfs

$ rpm -q libguestfs
libguestfs-1.37.31-1.fc27.x86_64

Thanks,
David