[Libguestfs] Virtualbox vdi Input Format and man pages

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Oct 8 14:08:59 UTC 2017

On Sun, Oct 08, 2017 at 07:03:50AM -0600, stef204 wrote:
> >   http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v.1.html#minimal-xml-for--i-libvirtxml-option
> >

> Please bear with me but I really don't have enough info as to HOW to
> modify the xml template., beyond the obvious stuff, MAC address,
> name of VM, etc.
>
> Might there bit a more detailed xml template in context of Windows
> to kvm/qemu I could use?

I guess we should probably link to the real documentation:

  https://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html

However virt-v2v has its own parser for libvirt XML and only parses a
(very) small subset of these fields.  Generally you only need to take
that template and change a few fields, name, memory size, number of
vCPUs, and make sure there is one <disk> section per disk and one
<interface> section per virtual network adaptor.  That'll cover 99% of
use cases.

Use ‘virt-v2v ... -o null’ to do a test conversion.