[Libguestfs] Virtualbox vdi Input Format and man pages

stef204 stef204 at yandex.com
Sun Oct 8 16:13:44 UTC 2017

08.10.2017, 08:09, "Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones at redhat.com>:

> However virt-v2v has its own parser for libvirt XML and only parses a
> (very) small subset of these fields. Generally you only need to take
> that template and change a few fields, name, memory size, number of
> vCPUs, and make sure there is one <disk> section per disk and one
> <interface> section per virtual network adaptor. That'll cover 99% of
> use cases.
>
> Use ‘virt-v2v ... -o null’ to do a test conversion.

I am undoubtedly doing something wrong but cannot spot it.

Here is the xml file <https://bpaste.net/show/bd4df241ee37>

Error message:

% virt-v2v -i libvirtxml Win7.xml -o null
[   0.0] Opening the source -i libvirtxml Win7.xml
[   0.0] Creating an overlay to protect the source from being modified
[   0.1] Initializing the target -o null
[   0.1] Opening the overlay
[   4.3] Inspecting the overlay
virt-v2v: error: inspection could not detect the source guest (or physical
machine).

Assuming that you are running virt-v2v/virt-p2v on a source which is
supported (and not, for example, a blank disk), then this should not
happen.

No root device found in this operating system image.

If reporting bugs, run virt-v2v with debugging enabled and include the
complete output:

  virt-v2v -v -x [...]

I'm stuck here.  I imagine the error is probably obvious but... not to me.