[Libguestfs] Virtualbox vdi Input Format and man pages

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Oct 8 19:50:28 UTC 2017

[stef204 sent me the full log since it contains sensitive information]

The log says that virt-v2v cannot see anything at all on the 34.1 GB
disk (as if the disk is blank).  However I think the actual problem is
that you've given the wrong disk type in the XML:

     <disk type='file' device='disk'>
       <driver name='qemu' type='raw'/>
                                 ^^^
       <source file='xxx.vdi'/>
       <target dev='hda' bus='ide'/>
     </disk>

‘.vdi’ is probably not raw format but something else (most likely 'vdi')

According to ‘qemu-img --help’, qemu supports the vdi format,
hopefully at least enough to be able to read it which is all that
virt-v2v needs.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW