[Libguestfs] libguestfs operations failing

George Koenig george.g.koenig at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 20:47:43 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I'm able to add (>add-ro image) a newly created image (created with
vmbuilder) using the guestfish shell, but unable to run it.  I appear to be
getting kernel panics when doing so.  In trying to debug the issue, I
noticed that libguestfs-test-tool also fails with a kernel panic due to
sync errors.  I had previously suspected an issue with the kernel file
permissions but this was resolved by allowing read access.

I've attached output from both running the guestfish shell, and
libguestfs-test-tool.  I am running Ubuntu Xenial (16.04), and guestfish
1.32.2 installed via apt.

Thanks.  Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide that
will assist.

Regards,
George Koenig