[Libguestfs] FYI: gtk-doc support dropped in 1.36.13

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Jan 25 15:00:38 UTC 2018

We dropped support for gtk-doc in the current development branch (1.37).
It was the slowest part of the build and added nothing of value.  I
replaced it with a guestfs-gobject manual page[1] which, along with
the regular documentation, explains the topic of building gobject
bindings much more clearly.

  http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-gobject.3.html

In the meantime GNOME dropped a feature of gtk-doc that we use, so the
current stable branch (1.36) no longer compiles.

  https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk-doc/commit/?id=46df4354abed5724697fd5e39630c5bbc6637cc4

For this reason I have also dropped gtk-doc support from the 1.36
branch too.  It won't be missed.