[Libguestfs] issue regarding libguestfs-golang

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 07:59:48 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jun 07, 2018 at 09:00:30AM +0530, Shashwat shagun wrote:
> Hi,
> i cannot import libguestfs golang lib,
>
>  go get  package libguestfs.org/guestfs: unrecognized import path "
> libguestfs.org/guestfs" (https fetch: Get
> https://libguestfs.org/guestfs?go-get=1: dial tcp
> [2001:41c9:1:422::215]:443: getsockopt: connection refused)

We discussed this on IRC, so for the permanent record ...

The sources are generated, so they don't appear in the git repo unless
you build everything from source.

However the generated files are included in the tarballs
(http://libguestfs.org/download) under
golang/src/libguestfs.org/guestfs/

This is not well tested.  In fact you may be the first user that we
know about for some time.  So expect there may be problems and it may
need fixing (although it certainly *did* work in the past).

Best of luck,

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v